Search This Blog

Saturday, June 4, 2011

Mason jars are my new obsession!

I stumbled across a box of mason jars in my garage.  They were taking up space and I don't know a single person who still uses them to make jams or preserves.  What oh what should I do with them? Give them away? I could never do such a crazy thing like that.  I recently saw a show where mason jars were used as decor in a home make over, at a wedding, and as home made gifts.  I thought that was brilliant!  How could I not have seen such great ways to utilize these jars?  Now I've got so many ideas I don't even know what to do with them.  I'll be posting numerous pictures of my crafts and the various ways I've used them.  I'd love to know all the ways you use them. Give me some unique and original ideas of how you would use them. Pics of my projects coming soon!
     The best thing about these mason jars are that you can find them every where.  You can find them at craft stores, grocery stores, garage sales or even thrift stores.  I would go for old ones that have been sitting around someones house for years.  They add character and some might have some great stories.  Who doesn't love an object that brings back fond memories of your grandmother?  It brings lovely sentiment into the lives of a dear friend or family member if given as a gift.  Gifts from the heart will always mean more than any store bought item.  Get creative with things around the house make it crafty or simply useful for the home office.  Bring them outside and put citronella candles in them for a cozy romantic feel with a practical purpose! 

No comments:

Post a Comment