Search This Blog

Thursday, June 30, 2011

What's the deal with Coconut Water?

Every time I'm in the checkout line at the grocery store I pick up a magazine (a bad habit but a guilty pleasure) to keep me occupied during the wait.  Skimming the covers I have noticed many celebrities are spotted drinking coconut water.  It's every where and I think it might just be taking over.  What is it and why is it so popular?  Most importantly, should we drink it because it's a popular celebrity craze?  Absolutely not!  But beyond it being a fashion accessory for the rich and famous there are many good things about this drink.  It's more nutritious than water and is better than sports drinks.  It has no calories, no  fat, and no cholesterol.  Also, it provides more potassium than a banana.  When exercising or playing sports it re-hydrates the body faster than Brand X sports drinks.  As far as taste?  I've never had it but may need to try it.  I'll report back to the blog with the taste and pricing.  If it's good for you and the celebs. are flocking to it like moths to a flame then it must be expensive.  If you want to try it for yourself and tell me about your experiences then look for these brands: O.N.E., Vita Coca, Zico.

No comments:

Post a Comment